Welcome to your new WordPress website! We’re excited to have you on board and can’t wait for you to start creating amazing content. In this blog post, we’ll be going over the different menus and how to interact with the WordPress dashboard, as well as introducing you to the basics of Google Sitekit and what the stats mean in simple terms.
First, let’s go over the WordPress dashboard. This is the main interface you’ll be using to manage your website. The dashboard is divided into several different sections, including:
- The Dashboard: This is the default view when you first log in. It provides an overview of your website’s recent activity, including the number of new posts, comments, and views.
- Posts: This section is where you’ll create, edit, and manage all of your website’s posts. You can also view and manage your post categories and tags here.
- Media: This section is where you’ll manage all of your website’s media files, such as images, videos, and audio.
- Pages: This section is where you’ll create, edit, and manage all of your website’s pages.
- Comments: This section is where you’ll view and manage all comments left on your website.
- Appearance: This section is where you’ll customize the look and feel of your website. You can change your theme, customize your widgets, and more.
- Plugins: This section is where you’ll install, activate, and manage all of your website’s plugins.
- Users: This section is where you’ll manage all of your website’s users, including adding new users, editing existing users, and managing user roles.
- Settings: This section is where you’ll configure various settings for your website, such as your website’s title, description, and more.
Now let’s talk about Google Sitekit, which is a plugin that connects your WordPress website to various Google tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Sitekit will give you access to important data on your website’s traffic and performance, allowing you to make informed decisions about your content and marketing strategy.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that allows you to track and analyze your website’s traffic. Sitekit will give you access to important metrics, such as the number of unique visitors, the number of page views, the bounce rate, and more. These metrics can help you understand how people are interacting with your website and identify areas for improvement.
Google Search Console is another powerful tool that allows you to monitor and improve your website’s search engine performance. Sitekit will give you access to important metrics, such as the number of clicks, the number of impressions, and your website’s average position in search results. These metrics can help you understand how your website is performing in search results and identify areas for improvement.
In conclusion, your new WordPress website is a powerful tool that will help you create and share your content with the world. With the help of the WordPress dashboard and Google Sitekit, you’ll be able to manage your website with ease and access important data that will help you improve your website’s performance. Remember to take care of your website and always strive to improve it, as it will help you to achieve your goals.